Sunday, November 18, 2012

1 month... 2 months... time is flying by.

Our little man will be 11 weeks old on Tuesday. 11 weeks!? How did that happen?

 I decided before he was born that I'd take a photo using the same props each month to really get an idea of how much he grows. In hindsight, I should have chosen one (or photographed it) to include his whole length, but alas, I did not. And that seems to be the biggest way he's growing right now - up!

Here's our Malachi on 4 October at 1 month old. 


At this age we were getting consistent smiles already! But boy were they hard to get on camera for the first couple of weeks...


He weighed just under 4kg still, he's such a little dot (and only growing every so slightly since).


He had a lot of baby acne in the first few weeks of his life, poor little poppet. But its all cleared up now, so doesn't seem that it was anything permanent (eczema or anything).

And here he is last week on 4 November at 2 months old. (At 8 weeks) he weight 4.48kg, his head was 39cm and he was 59cm long!


He is such a smiley baby, and if he's awake and happy, you're pretty much guaranteed one. He melts hearts left, right and centre this one!
Kai's Daddy is very silly, and he got Kai's first giggle out of him last week - he was laughing at his Daddy being an idiot. I think Greg has since got more - seems Kai likes the clown antics of his father!


He's started chewing/sucking on his hands like no business. He shoves them in so hard sometimes I'm surprised he doesn't hurt himself! But yes, I do feed him, despite what you might think watching him eat his hands! I think he's just starting to discover that he can explore with both his hands and his mouth, so I'm sure we've got some great times ahead of us, putting anything possible into his mouth for experimentation!


He's growing up way too fast. Every day he brings us so much joy. So much joy. We are so blessed.

2 comments:

  1. He is soooo cute!!! I just want to grap him and hug him forever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the updates Nat. I am loving these photos of your adorable little man. I am so happy for you and your family. What a beautiful blessing God has given to you all xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a message. May your day be blessed. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...