Thursday, December 15, 2011

A gift from Sebastian...

So I won't beat around the bush - Christmas is going to be hard for our family this year. While I normally love Christmas, this year its just not the same. I have tried very hard to be festive and thankful, but my heart is hurting and missing someone very special. And its kinda hard to celebrate such a 'family' occasion without a very loved member of my family here.... I'm finding it hard to have all the joy I usually do, when someone is missing. It will have been only 3.5 months since we lost our sweet baby boy, Sebastian Levi.

We have already been so very blessed by friends, family and even strangers on our journey so far. I have felt overwhelmed at times with the love people have shown to my family. So thank you. Thank you SO MUCH. 

Most recently, we have begun to receive some beautiful red ornaments for our Christmas tree. The tree is very full and each and every ornament adds a special story and character to the tree, and a little piece of love to my boy. I love it, and it makes me happy. So thank you. 

But I know that I also want Sebastian to be a very important part of our Christmas Day, and I hadn't quiet decided what we would do on the day for Sebby yet, to remember him, to honour him - and his legacy of love, faith and compassion. 

Today I was looking on my blog list and read about Shyla Joy's first Christmas over here at Mattie's blog. Mattie asked family and friends to do a little something special for Shyla (and for others) to help celebrate on her first Christmas Day in Heaven, and I thought it might be a nice way to include Sebastian in our Christmas too.

This one is not so much about giving to us, but about giving to others.

All I'm asking is that you take a little time out of this busy time of year to do something nice for someone else. It doesn't matter how big or small it is, whether it involves money, your time or something else. 
Just a random act of kindness.

And when you do it, could you think about my beautiful boy please, and dedicate that act of kindness to Sebastian? If you like, you could let that person know that you're doing this in honour of Sebastian Levi, or leave a little note. But only if you want to.

When you have blessed someone else in Seb's honour, would you take a minute to write it down and send it to me please? You might like to include a little letter to Sebby, or just simply explain your act of kindess, or you might not even want to share what you did, but just that you did something in his honour. That's OK too. You can email it to me at nat_mardon@hotmail.com, or slip it in to our Christmas cards if you're sending one our way. If you'd like to post it, please email me for my address. 
I won't read them, but will just print them straight out.

I propose to collect them all in a gift box under our tree (we don't really have stockings in our house), and read them out to my family on Christmas Day, as a way to remember our sweet boy, and the impact his life is having on this world. We are only having a small Christmas with us 5 (6), my parents and possibly a sibling or two. But I think it would make for a beautiful time of sharing and remembering Seb, and in blessing others.

Christmas Day will be hard; maybe this will make it just a little easier. 
And even if there's only a few, they will make the day that bit more beautiful.

Please feel free to share this idea around, or to do one for your own dear angel too. The more people thinking of others at Christmas time, the better. Our little ones will help to make this world a more beautiful place.


I pray you all have a beautiful Christmas with your families, and that through your RAOK remembering Seb, you will bless someone else's Christmas also... and share a little of the Christmas spirit with those around you.

Here's a link with some ideas for your act of kindness... http://www.missfoundation.org/kindness/ideas.html

Thank you and God bless you all xx

Proverbs 19:17 -

Whoever is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward them for what they have done.

Proverbs 31:20 (on the woman of noble character) -
She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy. 

Galatians 5:22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. 


3 comments:

  1. I lost a baby a year ago. we named him Levi Alfie. This Christmas will also be hard for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry that Levi couldn't stay with you Jodie, its just heart-breaking isn't it. What are you planning to do this Christmas to honour your sweet boy, if you don't mind me asking?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a message. May your day be blessed. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...