Thursday, September 22, 2011

Living Waters of Life

Before our life turned upside down with the news that our baby was going to die, I will admit my faith was a little stagnant. Perhaps looking at my road with Sebasatian and the faith we've had through it, that might not show. But I was just cruising through my days, yet I wasn't giving my King much of that day. Life was good, and its all too easy to think when its good, we can do it all on our own. But that's so far from the truth. We do need God each and every day and in everyting. And so I am seeing this week that one thing God has certainly used for good in allowing us to go through this fire, is in strengthening my walk with God, and my dependence on Him.

I have become a part of a wonderful faith-based group of fellow baby loss mamas, called Grief Journeys. One of the girls this week posted about a bible study she is going to begin, and I felt a bit of a niggling in my spirit to check it out. As I looked at the website, I felt God telling me that I needed His Word more. I remembered that its been a long time since I really gave God some 'quiet time' each day and really read more about Him and His Will for my life. Sure, I've been presented with many scriptures and such in the last 4 months with Seb, and I've done a few searches here and there for some for myself, but I haven't really IMMERSED myself in my Bible.

And so I felt that I should join in this study too. I believe that God is taking me on another part of my journey now. A part that will help with the healing - for there is truth and healing in His Word and He desires for me to be in deeper fellowship with Him - and I want that too!!

So here's the study we're doing. Its 1 John and will run for 12 weeks. If you take a quick look at 1 John, you'll see its not a long book by any means - I think only 5 chapters actually! And so to space that out over 12 weeks, well it means that its only a few passages a week! I can do that!

Week 1 - Intro to I John 1:1-4

If you would like to follow along with this study with me, I have joined a couple of little study groups on FB that you would be welcome to be a part of with us as we get into God's Word and really seek HIM. I'm sure God will have something particular to say to me about Seb and other things in my life too. The Bible is good like that - even though it was written so long ago, it is still so relevant to current life! Amazing. Truly the Living Word!

John 15:3-8
“I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. This to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a message. May your day be blessed. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...