Monday, March 4, 2013

Life is so full!

Life has been SO busy lately! Things happen and I keep thinking  I need to blog about it, but then I just can't seem to find the time to, and then the moment has gone. I do write about things here and there on Facebook, but its never in-depth writing, and I kind of miss that. Just pouring my heart out in here. Really must find the time for some regular posts.

Last week was a huge week for me. I started back at University! It has been about 8 years since I was last there, and boy is it going to be different trying to juggle study with a full house of 4 kids! But I know this is what I want to do with my life down the track, and I believe God has placed the desire and passion in my heart for a reason, so I'm going to follow that and go for it. I'm studying a Bachelor of Midwifery. I'm doing it part-time - two units per semester - and desperately hoping I can keep up! One of my subjects this semester is a biggie - Biology! There's just so much content - if I get even a week behind I'll be lost forever! Thankfully, I loved Biology in high school and I find it fascinating, so I hope that helps drive my motivation to keep up to date!

I had a few hiccups with the week. I enrolled in the wrong subject at first. (Note: make sure you ask someone about which units you should be studying if doing it part-time; some are more important to do first than others.) But I managed to finally sort it out Thursday night, and still made it to the first classes for the new unit, which is good! So now I'm sorted - a Biology lab on Wednesdays for 3 hours and a 1 hour tutorial on Fridays. Thankfully I can do my lectures online, at home. I am trying to be 'at uni' as little as I can get away with, as I'm still breastfeeding Kai and don't want to have to leave him with friends too often.

It was my first time actually leaving him in someone else's care - other than to go to the shops for an hour or two or something while he's home with Greg. So a big step for Mama! He also does not like to drink formula or even breast milk from a bottle, so thankfully he's on some solids now, so a banana ties him over till I can get back to feed him again.

I think this will be good for me though. I'm excited. I just need to get serious about my time management!

I'm also trying to still keep up with Project Life for the year. I'm a couple of weeks behind already, but trying to leave my Sunday afternoons for a little creative play (No Study Sunday!). Then add in crazy mornings getting the kids to school, mental afternoons juggling afternoon tea, feeding the baby, homework, readers and computer time, plus Lani is doing Girls Brigade this year and Eli is playing soccer - both of which are on a Tuesday evening (of course!). Add in Ladies mornings at church on Tuesdays. My week is fairly busy already. Trying to leave Thursdays for study. Mondays for groceries. And hopefully a little down time in the middle of each day while the smallest child sleeps. Phew!

God help me. Only in His strength will I get through I think!! Being a Mum is so full, but so rewarding too!

1 comment:

  1. Nat your life certainly is very busy. Good luck with uni. I am sure you will do well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a message. May your day be blessed. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...